Monday, September 22, 2008
Look NO TRAINING WHEELS!!!!


Today was truly the first day that Win rode his bike without any training wheels. It all started in a funny way.
One day, I mentioned why don't we take off your training wheels.... well Win gets out Nick's tools and starts taking off Emma's training wheels. AND HE ACTUALLY TOOK THEM OFF ALL BY HIMSELF!!! He thought it was kind of funny because she could not ride her bike. Win would tease her saying " your bike won't stand up now and look at mine it stands up." I guess he had it figured out that if he took hers off then he could practice on hers, but that he would still have his bike with the training wheels and he could ride without any problems.
And that is how it all began. Each time we have gone outside he has shown more and more interest in riding. Our neighbor is a year older than Win and rides like a pro and that is a BIG encouragement. So this weekend we worked in the grass on Emma's bike (of course). And this evening when we were outside he just picked up the bike and started riding a few feet at a time. SO... Nick finally talked him into letting Emma have her "fast riding wheels" (just in case you needed that clarified) back and took off his training wheels. Win played with it a while and then wanted Emma's back. I guess it is not as fun when you are just starting out.
I think that best thing we did was using the grassy hills in the backyard and basically just giving him a push and off he went. I am sure with several more days and the weeks to come he will get better and perhaps encourage Emma to take of her "fast riding wheels" as she calls them.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh! What a big boy! I just got finished adding my pictures of Hannah riding her bike...Win and Hannah can ride off into the sunset together!!! haaha Has Emma shown any interest in riding her bike without training wheels?
Way to go Win!
Carmen
That's AWESOME! I'm impressed!
Tam
Post a Comment