CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Gustav rains out school today...

Thursday, September 4,2008
This morning we did not have school. The church had water damage from all of this rain from Gustav and they needed to "dry" out a few of the classrooms. So I guess that you could say we were home schooling today. We started out the day with working on letters. I made the pancakes into their names. They really love it! Emma even had to have a turtle. This brought back great memories for me. My Popa use to make me turtle pancakes on their griddle when I was little. I hope that they enjoyed it and remember it like I do. Next time I will remember to make double batches of the letters and freeze them. This is a pretty time consuming task, but well worth it.


I guess that you could say we did ART class next. We took a trip to the pottery store and painted pottery. Everyone got really excited about this activity.

It was really a good time. We haven't been in a while, so it seemed like something new and the kids really enjoyed painting. Lily
enjoyed painting the most. I think that she could have stayed there all day long if I would have let her.

Win chose a truck to paint, Emma picked a snake and so Lily had to follow along and get a snake too. I guess they were all a bit older this time around and it actually kept their attention. I will have to remember this for another one of those rainy days!




After painting we picked up Daddy and went to eat at Chick-fil-a for lunch. I did not take any pictures, but the kids enjoyed getting to play around in the play area..........So we ended the evening at a Birthday party for one of our friends, LUKE. It was at what we call "the jumping place". I took Emma and Win and Lily stayed home with Nick because someone had to go and pick up Win's soccer uniform. They had some one on one time and I think she enjoyed her time all the same.



At the party, Emma loved going down the big slide. She was always saying how super fast she was and I even caught her dancing about in one of the jumping things. She was cute. I love the picture of all of the boys going one after another up the slide. It was mostly boys, but Emma did not let that stop her fun!
So even thought school was out today, we found plenty to do and I am sure that tomorrow will be challenging, because they will want to do more of the same!

1 comments:

cjvanvoorhis said...

You are such a great mom! You come up with so many creative ideas to do for your kids:)