Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Let me just say that I don't ever remember so much rain and strong winds! Last night we went to bed listening to sounds of rain pelt the doors and windows. I woke up to hear a sound, only to find Lily in bed with me and Nick upstairs with Emma. I looked out the window and could not tell anything, but notice the pool was about to overflow. We have an overflow on it, but it could not keep up with so much rain, so at 330am I went outside to backwash the pool to let several inches of water out!!! Wake up this morning and it was ready to overflow again. We must have gotten lots of rain. I did however see what the sound was... a tree on our back fence from the neighbor's yard. I am just thankful it wasn't on anyone's house. I also could see several trees down on the lot next to our house. So this morning was super challenging, not only because I did not sleep well, but because we had 3 dentist appointments!! Nick and I got up and got ready and then got the kids ready. Nick took Win and I finished getting the girls ready. It was pouring rain and wind, so I searched for raincoats, OH NO... poor Lily I have never really gotten her a rain coat. So what did I do, but do searching through the dress up stuff for one of cousin Drakes old rain coats. It was great, fit good and she loved it! In fact she would not take it off at the dentist!!! So after I finished up with the girls I went to Nick's office and picked up Win for we had to go to school. When we arrived, they were having to move the three year old classroom due to water damage. I hope all turns out well. We were prepared for the rains of Gustav. I am just glad that Lily liked the rain coat, because it that would have been Emma she would have pitched a fit! Thanks Cousin Drake, I am glad we had your raincoat!!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment