CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 5, 2010

EASTER and Much Much More!

Let me just start this blog, by saying WHEW!!! What a week I have had. I think that it has been one of the wildest weeks that I have had in a long time. I am not so sure that I like Easter being so close to Spring Break.
The Week started off on Monday with Lily's eye appointment at Children's. That is an event all in itself. We were there about 3 hrs and I don't really have a say in the appointment times or days and of course it was right in the afternoon, so I had to arrange for a baby sitter to be at the house waiting for Emma and Win after school and get a neighbor to bring them home from school.
On Tuesday, the twins had Kindergarten cap and gown pictures, so I was busy dressing them in nice clothes and sending clothes to change into. It was quite the morning. Then my normal Tuesday after dropping Lily off to the gym and home to do the laundry etc. Which for some reason I do astronomical amounts of... then we always finish the night off with gymnastics.
Wednesday was a whopper of a day! Twins to school, Lily to school, Bible study, got my hair done, pick up kids......went to get Lily new glasses....home for 45 minutes, then off to a meeting at church and home at 9:30! I was exhausted by the end of the day and it was only the middle of the week. I want to stress that my week continues on this way with two parent teacher conferences, 3 dental appointments, and Easter Egg hunt and two birthday parties. I am only telling you all of this so you will understand the pure joy I had when Big Daddy came on THURSDAY loaded down with a bunny cage and not one but TWO dwarf rabbits!!! The excitement only grew from there.
WE LOVE THESE BUNNIES!!!! My child that has no fear and apparently loves animals!!!!
Couldn't keep Lily out of the bunny cage!

Here Emma is showing off her bunny. She and Win share the bunny that has brown markings. It is the hardest of the two to catch. Perhaps the smartest one!!! When I went to parent teacher conference this week, Emma's teacher showed me several of the books that the kids made and went on to show her writing skills etc. Let me just say, that we would have been in some serious trouble had we not gotten a bunny. THREE of her books were about bunnies!
OK, this is the prize picture. Lily and her bunny. She held this poor little bunny for hours and hours since it's arrival. She would talk to it like a momma. "Mommy take care of you sweetie"!

I love this picture of Emma AND I love the Peeps she is eating. I don't know why because they are just pure sugar, but I have always loved them. My Mammie use to get me these every year and even buy them and freeze them for me. Now it seems as if they make Peeps for every occasion, but back in the day it was only for Easter.























Lily wanted to try all the activities. She colored and made bunny ears and had snack and popcorn and then hunted eggs. Lily got to hunt her eggs first. There were a ton of little ones, but there was a ton of eggs. We had way more eggs than we ever needed.


















Win was all about the EASTER EGG HUNT! Just look at his little face. When we arrived at the church, he did not want to do any other activity. He wanted to hunt eggs!! He did manage to do the spoon egg race, notice his egg is falling.


Emma had a birthday party on Saturday afternoon. It was a cute party and she was a hoot! I wish that I would have taken a picture of her dancing and carring on...... They made little sun visors when the kids arrived. Emma loved being crafty!





After the morning egg hunt at our church, Lily had a birthday party to attend. It was Will's birthday and she had a great time. She was the only little girl, but that did not matter. She was all about some pizza and games. Here is Will the birthday boy! Here is Lily and Jackson.




We dyed several eggs on the night before Easter. What was I thinking!!!!!


Thank goodness that Mamaw was here to help and she boiled the eggs while we were running arrands and attending birthday parties. It was a busy day. We did not start until late and went to bed with mostly purple fingers. What a lovely idea to go to church on Easter Sunday all dressed up with beautiful pink and purple fingers. I am glad that most did wear off by morning after I had scrubbed and rubbed and washed with all sorts of stuff trying to get the dye off.


The Easter Bunny left us a note about our EGGS! Emma really got a kick out of that one!




Win was so excited to dye the eggs. He loved putting them in the different colors and if you asked him, he did all of the eggs!



Lily was very proud of all of her eggs.


Emma had to get creative with her eggs and try to do little designs. All in all it was a fun activity other than getting the dye all over our fingers the night before EASTER!



0 comments: