CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 8, 2011

SUGAR BOWL 2011

What a better way to start 2011, but to travel to New Orleans to watch the HOGS play in the Sugar Bowl. Nick and I went and his parents stayed at our house with the kids. It was a nice little trip to look forward to after taking down all the holiday decorations. Nick and I left on Sunday. It was quite the drive, but we did manage to stop and shop a bit along the way. We arrived around 8 and then headed out to eat. After eating, we were walking down Bourbon Street, when beads hit us!! Nick said they are hollering like they know you.........well it was my friend Patrick and his wife Jamie. What a surprise! So we joined them for a while throwing beads at the people on Bourbon Street.


On Monday, they had fan activities down by the river by Jackson Square. We walked down that way and enjoyed the festivities. We were able to eat lunch on a balcony across from it all and really enjoyed the people watching.


On Monday night we met up with several other friends. I could not help but get my picture with the HUGE ASS BEER SIGN!

With everyone arriving at different times, we managed to meet up and have some snacks. We had a great spot to overlook Bourbon!


On Tuesday was the big game. We were way up high, but the seats were actually pretty good. I don't know why but I did not take many pictures from the game. I was too busy cheering! It was a fun trip and it makes me excited for the up and coming football season!!! GO HOGS!










0 comments: