CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

BOATING and the LAKE

We have been toying with the idea of a boat for some time now. Nick and I owned a deck boat before the kids were born. It was pretty big and we trailered it. So when I got pregnant with twins we knew that boating had to take a back seat for a while and we sold it. Having had a boat before Nick and I knew that we wanted a slip. It was hard enough without out kids to do it, I can't imagine doing all of that with three little ones SO...........we first set out for a boat slip. I put our name on just about every list possible. Then we started looking at boats. Once we had a slip then it was time to get serious about a boat. We decided on a party barge with three pontoons. We ordered it in late April and it did not come in until the weekend of Win and Emma's birthday so............we are just now getting to use it. We took the kids out on a Thursday afternoon for a while to get them use to the idea. That worked out good, because they were ready to go in after a short time. Next we took Win and Lily out this weekend because Emma was at Mamaw's. We spent most of the the day Saturday on the water and went up Sunday after church and stayed until almost dark. They really enjoyed it. Lily by far liked it the most. She wanted to ride the tube everywhere and she wanted to go fast. If you notice in the pictures she is wearing her glasses in one. I LOVE THESE GLASSES!!!!! We figured out after not wearing them because of swimming and the lake she gets extremely fussy and cranky, so on Sunday we just let her wear them and it is like a new little person!!! Our neighbors stopped by to see us and Jeff was able to pull Nick and Lily. It was a good Father's Day!
This was their first time on the tube. Notice the difference in the speed of the two pictures!


0 comments: