Monday, October 27, 2008
This evening we tried our hands at pumpkin carving. I had bought two of the kits. We started out with what seemed to be the simple faces etc. OK, then once I got into it wasn't even going to try to break out the Cinderella figures to carve. I couldn't tell you the last time I carved a pumpkin, but the kids have wanted to for several weeks now and I have had a hard time putting them off. Today was the day that we decided to test it out. It was funny because they were all excited to do it, but in the end Lily was the only one that stuck with the project. Emma abandoned ship first thing and said that she was "allergic" to pumpkin goo! It looked so easy and I even saw a neighbor's that looked so good..........well I guess practice makes perfect and we need lots more practice. We broke both of the carving knives that came with the kits and so I sent Nick(with Win and Emma in tow) to the store to buy another kit, only to find no kit at two different stores and they came home with toys for everyone.........HEY WHAT HAPPENS TO GOING TO THE STORE FOR ONE ITEM AND JUST THAT!! Lily and I ended up carving a total of three pumpkins and we have two left. I will try to pick up another kit, because the little knife made all the difference in the world.
So that is what it looks like inside.
Lily loved using the scoop, even though she wasn't so sure of it at first.
She was a real trooper and helped with all three pumpkins.
Win helped on the first one. WE had big plans to carve up the designs in the pumpkin carving kits. Can I just say WOW! They were super hard and I have all the more respect for those pumpkins that I see all carved pretty!!! We tried.
0 comments:
Post a Comment