The weekend following our vacation we went to the lake for a weekend... I say that meaning we went camping at Lake DeGray, not at Ouachita where we keep our boat. It was a group from church and families with kids of all ages. The kids really enjoyed it!! BUT FOR ME IT WAS NOTHING BUT WORK!!!! We rented a camper trailer from Huddleston RV rentals in Hot Springs. If you have ever enquired about these, not many people rent them. SO... I wasn't camping in a tent and I did have air. After unpacking from a week at the beach I began to pack for a weekend at the lake "camping". I packed more for 2 nights at the lake than 8 days at the beach! The camper that we rented would be delivered and set up at the campsite.....THANKGOODNESS!!! To make a long long story short, On Friday, July 16th, I loaded up and headed to Arkadelphia. I had so much stuff that I did not even have room for my children. I unpacked and set up the stuff and met Mom in Arkadelphia later that afternoon to get the kids. We got back to the campsite and settled in and went out on the lake with friends........THANKS TAMMY and CHRIS. I was so busy setting up and getting the kids all together that I did not get out my camera the entire trip! I will have to get the pictures from Tammy because she has pictures of all three of my kids skiing...........we get in from the lake late, still no NICK and I make a two fires, one to cook and one to make smores on for the kids.......Nick arrive around nine. I am tired but still it gets better, I blew a breaker on the camper, the water tank filled up, the bathroom door got locked, one child had an accident on the bed........OH and I did not sleep almost the entire weekend...............Because of the graciousness of our friends we were able to make it through the two days and we did enjoy spending time with them BUT I am not a camper woman. JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO ALL OF THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT I ENJOYED IT! I am glad the kids had a good time and that is what it is all for.......as for me next time I am renting a condo and meeting everyone out on the lake...heheheheh
Being camping this time was really had for me. It was the first time that I have been since Wade died. Nick and I had gone camping with he and Dana and had good times. I did not realize it at the time, but it brought back so many memories of my brother and the lake and it was hard!
That being said on Sunday morning, I had us packed and loaded and headed out by 8:30 am. We came home and regrouped and met Mom, Dana and Drake at our boat on Lake Ouachita. It was a fun day. We took so many pictures, I loaded them through snapfish following this blog entry. It was a good ending to a long weekend.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Camping :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I loved looking at all of the lake pictures! Fun times! Corey and I haven't camped since before we got married. I could not imagine doing it with three kids. Oh the stuff I would have to bring!
Gretchan
Post a Comment