CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 25, 2010

THE BIG EASY!

Spring Break 2010
New Orleans, Louisiana
This is the first year that we have taken a " Spring Break" trip. I guess because it is the first year that the kids have been in real school. It was kind of a last minute trip that we planned like the week or so before hand. It was the first trip of any distance that we have traveled in the new car too! It wasn't that bad at all. We started off on Saturday morning around 8:30 or so and made our first stop in Lake Village. I would say we did pretty good. In Lake Village, we stopped by a church to visit their Sunday school classrooms to get ideas for our church. I guess you could say we were making a field trip stop on the way. It was good to get out and let the kids run around. We had lunch and were on our way. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in New Orleans, not too far from the Riverwalk. This is the first time as a family we have stayed anywhere that wasn't more like a condo. It was an experience all on it's own. We had two double beds and a pull out sofa in the living area. We played musical beds each night we were there! The weather was actually cool and very windy the first full day we were there. We decided to do some walking and go to the Aquarium of the Americas. For some reason, I did not take a lot of pictures. The kids were too busy looking at everything and I was too busy trying to keep everyone close and staying together! Lily loved to run and explore to the point at the end of our Aquarium visit I bought one of those backpack leashes for her!!! YES, I did and it was a life saver in New Orleans!!!! We also visited their children's museum. It was great. It was along the same lines as the Museum of Discovery, but more hands on activities for the children. There were tons of exhibits to show the children about physical impairments. They could use a wheel chair or even walking sticks for the blind. The museum had a mini super market where the children could check out groceries and re-stock the shelves. They also had mini ships to show how the ports import and export. Win enjoyed climbing on the ship. It was a great museum.
Here is a good picture of a parrot at the Aquarium. It is really a great Aquarium to visit with lots of things to see. We saw lots of sting rays and many varieties of fish as well as penguins and sharks and snakes.

Like I said before, I did not get very many pictures. Here Emma is working on one of the exhibits at the children's museum.

We also visited the WWII museum and took a carriage ride through the French Quarter, not to mention almost going down Bourbon Street after dinner one night. YIKES! It was a good trip and there was plenty to do for the kids in New Orleans. We really wanted to go to the Zoo, but the weather was too cold and then it was closed on Monday, when it was nicer weather. We traveled back on Tuesday since Nick had to work on Wednesday. He was sharing spring break with one of his other partners so that everyone would get a chance to spend time with their family. I would like to go back without the kids, so that I could visit all the little shops and look at the art. I loved seeing all of the art!




0 comments: