CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 14, 2010

FAMILY FARM FIELD TRIP

Here is Win's class plus EMMMA. It is a good little group of students. The four Kindergarten classes went on a field trip to FAMILY FARM. It is not too far outside of Benton. It is a really neat place for the kids. They get to fish, play on swings, play in the sand along a creek bed, ride in paddle boats, visit a petting zoo of animals and see a small puppet show. It allows for some of the kids to experience a "country life". Win and Emma will attend a four day, day camp this summer at Family Farm. They pick kids up from Benton, Hot Springs and Arkadelphia. It is for ages 6-12. I think their website is www.familyfarm.org Check them out. It is really neat and we only got to experience a little portion of family farm on our field trip. They are super special people that run this camp.
JPop went with me for the field trip since I had two kids. The teachers were sweet and let Emma go with Win's class so that it was easier on us. I have found it difficult on parties and field trips to go between two different classes. Someone is usually upset because I was not in their class. This worked out well. Nick could not get off because of some training at work so JPOP went and it was a big help to me and the kids loved it.


One of the activities was playing in the creek. The kids first explored the creek and then got a chance to build sandcastles on the bank. So loved splashing in the water! Thank goodness my two did not get too wet. Now had it been Lily, she would have been swimming on her belly down the creek.

They also did a little train ride like you see at some of the festivals. It was a nice break for the kids to kind of get to sit down and relax.


We got to fish at a small pond. You fished for BRIM and CATFISH. Several of the kids in the class caught small little brim. WE DID NOT! Win seemed to enjoy it, Emma on the other hand wasn't very patient and she did not like it one bit seeing other people catching the fish and her not getting a bite.


I love this pictures. For some reason I do not know if I took it or Nick's dad. IT looks way too good for me to have taken it. This is a little boy named Caleb in Win's class. He and Emma hit it off. She also rode the swing and they held hands walking to stuff. It was too cute, but way too early!!! I am not ready for boyfriends at the age of 5.


The kids loved the swing. They also have a zip line, but we did not get to do that on the field trip. I am hoping they will at camp, but I am not sure due to the age. The teacher said that in the past they have been allowed to do the zip line on the field trip.


Notice Emma's sad face!!! She pitched a fit and screamed and cried because her Jpop wasn't on the paddle boat. They had to turn around and go back to the dock to pick up Jpop, only for him to drop his cell phone in the lake. The sweet things GRANDPAs do for their little ones. They also had canoes, but we only used the paddle boats. Now do you see why so many parents were needed for this field trip. It involved a lot of parent interaction!

LOVE IT! These little boys were all boys! They were having such a good time on the field trip. Bless Mrs. Patton that teaches them each and every day.


IF you ask Emma what her favorite thing about the entire trip was....


THE BABY KITTENS!!!!
Family farm had horses, goats, pigs, bunnies, chickens, a rabbit and a lama, most of which we could pet and pick up in the petting zoo area.

Those poor kittens got so much love during our turn in the petting zoo !!!!

I took this picture just so you can see the dirt on his bottom. We all smelled and looked like the petting zoo by the time we were ready to go home.


This is one of my favorite pictures! I love the smile on his face!!! It was such a fun field trip.











0 comments: